What Are The Career Options In Commerce Stream?
Questionable, but it is the Indian education system – students who are unable to score well, have to opt for commerce! However, this does not mean that students who study with commerce are in any way inferior to those science students. Also, there is no need to get disappointment thinking about career choices as commerce is a golden stream and offers a host of lucrative career choices to choose from. Don’t agree? Read on to know about the various jobs and career path a commerce student can trace to make a meaningful life.
- Economics: The study delves in production, transportation, and use of goods, their services and recourses. It is one of the most job-oriented studies and has a very positive future outlook. The demand for certified and able economists will never die.
- Education Path: Economics generally requires you to have match in the background. Several colleges offer B.A/B.Sc. (H) in Economics like Sri Ram College of Commerce Delhi, Lady Shri Ram College Delhi, H.R.College of Commerce and Economics Mumbai, St. Xavier’s College Mumbai, Loyola Delhi.
- Management: This is a no-brainer. The Management is the group of people who run the show in any organization. There are a number of functions in management that you can choose from for example finance, human resources, HR, and sales.
- Education Path: An MBA or PGDM degree with a specialization in the field of your choice. Once can do an MBA after bachelors in any domain. India boosts of some of the amazing B schools like the IIMs, Delhi University, Symbiosis University Pune, and NMIMS University Mumbai
- Commerce: This is a wide range for anyone who wants to pursue commerce. There are various field of study like taxation, finance, auditing, and accounting. It is more often called a gateway to a treasure of career opportunities.
- Education Path: A B.Com or B.Com (H) degree at UG level and M.Com or MBA with CA, CS, CMA will help you enjoy a thriving career.
- Chartered Accountancy: This is one of the most popular and known career choices that most commerce students opt for. Chartered Accountancy is internationally recognized and valued. Domains like investment, taxation, finance, and audit require capable CAs to ensure organizations increase their profit margins day after day.
- Education Path: After your plus 2 in school, you need to register with the ICAI and clear CPT. Thereafter, clear the integrated professional competence course. Once you are through the IPC, you undergo articleship for 3 year in supervision of a C.A or a C.A firm. During or after the completion of the articleship, you need to clear the C.A Final to get your C.A certificate.
- Company Secretary (CS): The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) administers the company Secretary, a professional course involved in the administration of companies. A CS is majorly responsible for looking after legal and statutory compliances and government-related matters.
- Education Path: The 3 stages of a CS program are: foundation, executive, and professional program. Once you clear the executive program, you will need a 15 months practical training and thereafter be a member of the Associate Member of ICSI. You will be designated as the Associate Company Secretary (ACS).
These were top 5 career choices in the commerce stream. For information on any courses of colleegs in India, write to firstname.lastname@example.org